Lactation Cookies are a delicious way to increase a low breast milk supply. I started baking lactation cookies when I was breastfeeding my daughter and noticed that she preferred to nurse on demand. I have tried several different recipes and they all worked but some recipes work faster than others.
Lactation cookies are one of my 10 ways to increase your breast milk supply in 24 hours.
If you would prefer to buy the cookie mix purchase them from the Moms Make Milk store.
Some of the flavors that are offered are:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- Oatmeal Raisin
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip with Toffee
- Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip with Craisins (dried cranberries)
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip
- Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Raisins
Umm Clair why do ALL of your cookies have oatmeal? That’s a main ingredient in lactation cookies.
What other breastfeeding Mom’s are saying about Mom’s Make Milk Lactation Cookies:
“They are amazing in taste …… And they are soooooooo good”
“It’s so hard to eat just one. They taste like regular cookies! I especially love the white chocolate chip flavor”
“These cookies are amazing and really helped my supply. Definitely worth ordering!!”
“Worked great and tasted good :)”
“Shipped on time and definitely helped with my milk supply. It also came wrapped cute with a note. The family loved them as well. I will be ordering more!”
Follow Mom’s Make Milk on Instagram for special discounts.
FAQ’s about Lactation Cookies:
- How soon do they work? I noticed a difference within a day of eating MMM lactation cookies. Most moms see an increase with 2 or 3 days, I suggest giving it a week to see results. It really depends on how many you eat. I should mention that eating the cookie dough raw will yield faster results.
- How do I store baked cookies? You can store baked cookies at room temperature for 7-10 days in a sealed container like ziploc bags or tupperware. You can also freeze what you don’t plan to eat right away for up to 6 months in a freezer.
- Are they safe for my children to eat? Yes absolutely!
- How many should I eat a day? Start off with 2 a day and then you can decrease to 1 a day. You may find that just 1 a day is enough. If you make your cookies smaller you may eat more.
- Can these be made dairy free? Yes, you can buy the lactation cookie mix and make your own substitution for butter. (Chocolate Chips may contain dairy)
- Do the cookies contain fenugreek? No, fenugreek is not an ingredient used in the MMM cookie mix.
- Do you offer discounts on your cookies? Yes occasionally I will post exclusive offers on facebook, twitter or instagram.
- I ate several cookies and my milk increased too much, what should I do? Try eating less cookies, you may only need to eat 1 a day to increase your supply.
- Is there breast milk in the cookies? No, there is no actual breast milk in lactation cookies, just ingredients that are known to increase your breast milk supply.
- What ingredients make you lactate? The cookies contain what are called galactogogues which are ingredients that help promote milk production. MMM Lactation Cookies contain oatmeal, flax seed and brewers yeast.
Ready to Order Moms Make Milk Lactation Cookie Mix?